Administrative Support Staff – Part-time
Under the direct supervision of the City Administrator, this position performs a wide range of secretarial and administrative duties in support of the daily operations of City Hall. The duties listed below are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities for this position. The Administrative Support Staff shall be a part-time hourly position, 10 to 20 hours per week with a flexible work schedule. The Administrative Support Staff wages shall be $11.00/hour or as established by the city council. Hours of employment shall be from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position is open to high school and college students. This is not a remote position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Social Media Assistance o Develop and propose social media plans and campaigns o Execute ongoing and approved campaigns for City projects o Create new shareable content and engagement opportunities, including monthly newsletters o Manage social media communications
- Marketing Plan Assistance o Assist in the creation of a marketing plan promoting City news and events o Develop strategies to increase followership and engagement
- Administrative Support o Filing and scanning City documents o Research, compile, catalog, organize and scan zoning documents and ordinances o Update and maintain the zoning case file database o Update and post recently adopted City ordinances on the City’s website o Other clerical tasks as many be assigned by the City Administrator or City Clerk
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A background in marketing and/or advertising
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to a diverse range of audiences and in diverse settings
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the completion of assigned tasks
- Knowledge of social media websites, including but not limited to, Facebook and Instagram
- Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft
PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- General knowledge of office management
- 2 letters of recommendation from supervisors from related experience. Letters may be from teacher/professor supervising high school/college extracurricular club, an internship supervisor, or a former boss from a related job as an administrative assistant, social media content creator, and/or marketing/advertising.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Applicants must include 2 Letters of Recommendation from Supervisors from related experience. Letters may be from teacher/professor supervising high school/college extracurricular club, an internship supervisor, or a former boss from a related job as an administrative assistant, social media content creator, and/or marketing/advertising.