The open burning period in South Beloit will be allowed 7-days a week from October 10 to November 21, 2021 during the hours of 8:00 am till 6:00 pm.
- Residents are allowed to burn yard waste (twigs, small branches, bushes under 24″, leave, etc.) on their own property. These items should have been generated on the property where the open burning is located.
- The burning of treated lumber, furniture, cardboard, plastics, electronics, garbage, pallets or other non-vegetation is prohibited.
- Fires must be attended by someone 18 years or older, that is capable of extinguishing the fire.
- A means of extinguishing the fire must be available such as a garden hose, buckets of water, or fire extinguisher(s),
- Please refrain from burning when winds are over 10 m.p.h. to reduce the spread of fire.
For further information on the Burning Ordinance please visit City Ordinances page. Scroll down to Chapter 38 Fire Protection & Prevention, Section 38.7 Open Burning.