306 Dickop St
South Beloit, IL 61080
Cancelled due to many reasons: High water, Our launch area has been under water for a week, and the health dept has an alert out for high e. coli on Turtle Creek where we launch.
We hope to reschedule this in September.
Nature At The Confluence invites you to join our free group paddle down the beautiful Rock River from South Beloit to Macktown Forest Preserve in Rockton. This 2-hour paddle trip highlights the 320-mile Rock River Trail and is a scenic paddling adventure you will truly enjoy! Paddle by Boney Island with the active eagle nest, and you’re sure to see other wildlife on this quiet and wooded paddle trip. We call this favorite paddle trip the “Fur Trader’s River Run” because it retraces the route fur traders Joseph Thibault and Stephan Mack would have used prior to 1835. Kayak rentals are available from Rocktown Adventures for $40 or $15 for Shuttle Only. You must reserve in advance by calling 815-636-9066.
Timothy Bauer, author of “Canoeing & Kayaking South Central Wisconsin: 60 Paddling Adventures Within 60 Miles of Madison” will be joining us on this trip (his first time exploring this section of the Rock River!). Timothy will use this trip to write a trip report for his popular website milespaddled.com
- 12:30pm Unload kayaks & Arrange Shuttles | 1:00pm Group Launch
- Meet & Greet and Q&A Program – We’ll gather at Nature At The Confluence after the paddle for a “Meet & Greet and Q&A” with Timothy. (approximately 3:30)
- This trip is a fundraiser for the Rock River Trail. We are not charging a fee for this paddle, but we hope you’ll put a donation in the bucket after the trip!
- Kayak rentals are available from Rocktown Adventures for $40 or $15 for Shuttle Only. You must reserve in advance by calling 815-636-9066
- Participants will be required to sign a waiver form to join this trip.
- Please arrange a shuttle in advance. Call Therese at 608-931-6895 if you need help shuttling. Rocktown Adventures has limited spots for shuttle for $15. You must reserve in advance by calling 815-636-9066
- We’ll have Tim’s books available for purchase and he will gladly autograph your book.
About author Timothy Bauer – Water-lover and river-enthusiast, Timothy’s been paddling around Wisconsin and the neighboring states since 2008. Always eager to explore the obscure, especially those hidden in plain sight in our back yards, he’s got a lot of wanderlust for secret places and memorable escapes (though sometimes that wanderlust gets him lost at night or capsized in winter weather whitewater). He first got into paddling to impress a girl, and it’s been a love affair since (well, paddling; the girl, alas, was not meant to be). When not already on the water, Timothy is poring over maps to plan out his next trip, sometimes alone, sometimes with friends, sometimes in a solo canoe with his Boston Terrier.
Registration is closed. We’ve reached the number of people that we can accomodate.