The Board of Police Commissioners of the City of South Beloit, Illinois is accepting applications for the purpose of creating a police officer eligibility list for hiring.
Salary: $50,200 (starting salary) to $76,864 (after 15 years)
- Full-time officers are represented by the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) Labor Council
- Officers receive an excellent benefits package and police pension program
Sworn Police Officers: 13 (full-time) and 2 (part-time)
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of South Beloit Board of Police Commissioners:
- U.S. citizenship;
- Minimum of 21 years of age -AND- not over the age of 35 at time of appointment, except as provided in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- No felony convictions;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Be a high school graduate -OR- possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Valid NIPSTA (P.O.W.E.R. Test) card issued within the past 12 months of the date of appointment.
- Must have a maximum uncorrected visual acuity of 20/200 that is correctable to at least 20/40 -AND- be free from color-blindness;
- Must meet other criteria as established by the Board of Police Commissioners.
- Attend a mandatory written exam testing session on Saturday, August 22, 2020 at 9:00 AM (CST).
Submission of Application
Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, August 14, 2020 at 4:00 PM (CST).
Faxed, e-mailed, mailed, or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website: http://www.applytoserve.com