South Beloit Police Department
The Board of Police Commissioners of the City of South Beloit, Illinois is accepting applications for the purpose of creating a police officer eligibility list for hiring.
Starting Salary: $54,334 (with increases up to $85,671)
- Full-time officers are represented by the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) Labor Council
- Officers receive an excellent benefits package and police pension program
Sworn Police Officers: 14 (full-time)
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of South Beloit Board of Police Commissioners:
- U.S. citizenship;
- Minimum of 21 years of age -AND- not over the age of 35 at time of appointment, except as provided in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- No felony convictions;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Be a high school graduate -OR- possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Must have a maximum uncorrected visual acuity of 20/200 that is correctable to at least 20/40 -AND- be free from color-blindness;
- Must possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Test card issued no more than 12 months prior to the date of hire;
- P.O.W.E.R. Test Cards issued by NIPSTA, Triton College, or Joliet Junior College will be accepted.
- Must meet other criteria as established by the Board of Police Commissioners.
Lateral Transfer Candidates: An applicant who is a police officer in good standing with the law enforcement agency he/she is employed with and certified by the State certification board is eligible to be placed on a lateral transfer eligibility list.
- Lateral transfer candidates are NOT required to obtain a P.O.W.E.R. test card;
- Lateral transfer candidates are NOT required to take the written exam;
- Lateral transfer candidates ARE REQUIRED to participate in the oral interview process;*
- If the written exam requirement is waived, the oral examination shall constitute 100% of the applicant’s total score.
In order to be eligible for the Lateral Transfer Eligibility List, you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be Illinois Law Enforcement Certified – OR – meet the out of state trained reciprocity requirements;
- Must have served full time for at least two (2) years with a Law Enforcement Department;
- Possesses substantially equivalent skills and abilities as a City of South Beloit Police Officer who has completed the probationary period;
- Has taken and passed such examinations as the Commission deems necessary to determine fitness for duty as a police officer;
- Applicant authorizes the Board’s review of the applicant’s personnel file(s) and executes any and all documents necessary to facilitate such review.
Submission of Application
Applications MUST be submitted online by Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 4:00 PM (CST).
Faxed, e-mailed, mailed, or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted. To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website: http://www.applytoserve.com