Part Time Summer Seasonal Public Works Laborer Positions now open Click here to apply
Job Title: Public Works Laborer Department: Street (PWD)
Classification: Part-Time, Summer Seasonal Reports to: Street Superintendent
General Purpose and Description:
Seasonal, part time employees are essential to the City’s maintenance and operations during the summer months. This position is responsible for assisting full time staff in the daily operations in the City’s street department, primarily with mowing. Typical summer, seasonal staff work April/May through August/September, 20-40 hours per week.
Works directly under the direction of the Street Superintendent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all written safety rules and regulations of the city
- Grass mowing, weeding, line trimming, debris and litter pick up on city property
- Repair, maintenance and cleaning of city parks, bathrooms and facilities
- Must be 18 years of age upon employment and possess a valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge and ability to use materials, equipment, tools, and techniques used in maintenance
(experience in landscape maintenance and equipment care preferred)
- Ability to perform physical work under varied weather conditions
- Ability to maintain effective work environment with other employees and to deal courteously with the general public
- Must possess high quality verbal and written communication skills, complete daily reports and work well with people from different cultures and backgrounds
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Large and small mowers, sod cutter, tiller
- Trimmer, edger
- Hand tools
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, walk, use hands, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is required to sit, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear and smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Wages and Compensation:
- Entry level (this position has no benefits or insurance)
The City of South Beloit is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday