The City of South Beloit, Illinois, Winnebago County, is seeking a full-time Fire Chief to lead a full-service organization. The South Beloit Fire Department consists of 3 full-time firefighters, plus the Chief, and 18 paid on-call firefighters along with 1 part-time Fire Inspector. Daily staffing consists of 1 full-time firefighter and 2 paid on-premise personnel 24/7.
- The department provides Fire Suppression, Prevention, Education, Paramedic Ambulance Service, and full range of Technical Rescue services.
- The department has an overall call volume in 2019 of 1,100 emergency incidents with an average of 3-4 calls for service per day.
- The department calls are comprised of 60% EMS and 40% Fire and other responses.
- The department has an ISO rating of 5.
The South Beloit Fire Department provides full fire and emergency medical services to the City of South Beloit and works in cooperation with the surrounding communities. The South Beloit Fire Department is a member of MABAS Division 8. Emergency communications and operations are provided by Rockcom. The Fire Department’s FY 2020 budget is $1,023,500.00. The overall FY 2020 City budget is $7,000,000.00.
The City seeks:
- An experienced, innovative, collaborative leader with demonstrated managerial, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to the City as well as residents, businesses, and governmental leaders within the City.
- Willingness to collaborate with City officials and community partners.
- The ability and desire to mentor staff in order to foster leadership talent and personal growth.
Successful candidates must possess the qualifications and certifications as required by 65 ILCS 5/10-1-7.3 “Appointment of Fire Chief” and candidates must reside within 15 miles of the City of South Beloit within 6 months of appointment.
The annual salary range for this position is $85,000.00 – $95,000.00 depending on qualification, plus benefits.
Application deadline: August 7, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and 5 references. Please send all applications via email to South Beloit Commissioner Brian Hedrington: B.Hedrington@SouthBeloit.org and Megan Reff: email@example.com.
The City of South Beloit is an equal opportunity employer.