Entry-Level and Lateral Police Officer – The South Beloit Police Department is accepting applications for the purpose of creating a police officer eligibility list for hiring. Apply by December 2, 2022. Click here to download information
The Board of Police Commissioners of the City of South Beloit, Illinois is accepting applications for the purpose of creating a police officer eligibility list for hiring.
Starting Salary: $54,334 (with step increases every year for the first 6 years as well as after the 10th and 15th year)
- Full-time officers are represented by the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) Labor Council
- Officers receive an excellent benefits package and police pension program
Sworn Police Officers: 14 (full-time) and 1 (part-time)
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of South Beloit Board of Police Commissioners:
- U.S. citizenship
- Minimum of 21 years of age -AND- not over the age of 35 at time of appointment, except as provided in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6
- No felony convictions
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be a high school graduate -OR- possess a G.E.D. equivalent
- Must have a maximum uncorrected visual acuity of 20/200 that is correctable to at least 20/40 -AND- be free from color-blindness
- Must meet other criteria as established by the Board of Police Commissioners
- Complete a mandatory online written exam offered between December 13, 2022 and December 15, 2022.
Lateral Transfer Candidates: An applicant who is a police officer in good standing with the law enforcement agency he/she is employed with and certified by the State certification board is eligible to be placed on a lateral transfer eligibility list.
- Lateral transfer candidates are NOT required to obtain a P.O.W.E.R. test card
- Lateral transfer candidates are NOT required to take the written exam
- Lateral transfer candidates ARE REQUIRED to participate in the oral interview process
In order to be eligible for the Lateral Transfer Eligibility List, you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be Illinois Law Enforcement Certified – OR – meet the out of state trained reciprocity requirements
- Must have served full time for at least two (2) years with their current Law Enforcement Department or Agency
Submission of Application
Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, December 2, 2022 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed, or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted. To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website: httsp://www.applytoserve.com